History is a fascinating subject to study. We can learn about the past while also gaining insights into the present and future. What makes history so interesting? There are many reasons why people choose to write on history research paper topics.
One of the main reasons is that they help you learn more about the world. And If your professor assigns it as a project, then make sure to convert this into an engaging and interesting process. But, if you can’t, have no fear!
Here you’ll find 100+ ideas for good topics which can save your time on topic selection. Choosing the right topic from a pool of potential topics is one way to make this process less stressful and more exciting.
Pick up any period where most information has been collected and write about what happened during that period. Let’s get this started.
History Research Paper Topics for College students
Choosing interesting history research paper topics is crucial. High school and college students know that the topic plays an important role in creating successful papers. So when you choose your topic, make sure it's unique, simple, and easy to write about. To choose wisely, use one of these topics:
- What impact did baseball's Negro Leagues have on society?
- Describe the role of religion in western expansion.
- What triggered the Civil War?
- Analyze the history of the American Revolution
- Describe the colonization of America.
- The historical context of the Battle of Chancellorsville. Explain.
- What impact did the underground railroad have on the American Civil War?
- African-American women in literature and art. Describe.
- Why are African-American soldiers' contributions to WWII still being ignored?
- How did Mormons overcome the challenges they faced?
American History Research Paper Topics for College Students
Ancient history research paper topics are full of wonder and mystery. If you're looking for some interesting American history topics, consider one from the list below.
- Analyze the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- What was the Militia's significance in the revolution?
- Explain the role of Native Americans during the Civil War.
- How close has America come to experiencing another “Great Depression”?
- Explain the significance of the American victory at the Battle of The Great Bridge.
- What impact did segregation have on the American music industry?
- What effect did Christopher Columbus' letters have on the United States?
- Describe the colonial era in the United States.
- Is it true that the Great Depression influenced how Americans voted?
- What are the challenges with the Bill of Rights?
Back to top
US History Research Paper Topics
In-depth research skills are needed when writing on a United States history research paper topic. Do you feel like your research abilities are lacking? Do not worry; we have compiled a list of topics perfect for the United States history paper.
- Discussion on the ways that slavery conflicted with revivalism.
- The interwar economic development of the United States.
- The effects of industrialization on American social movements
- The significance of lighthouses in the history of the Great Lakes
- What did France lose as a result of the purchase of Louisiana?
- How have taxes been implemented throughout the history of the United States?
- Explain the factors that contributed to the late 19th century Great Depression.
- Describe the Cold War's impact on third-world countries.
- Explain the US-Mexican War in 1846.
- Explain the San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906
19th Century American History Paper Topics
Here are some topics which covered the period of American history in the nineteenth century.
- How has Native American culture influenced America?
- What changes occurred for U.S. women during the 1920s?
- Examine the events of the nineteenth century that shaped America.
- Analyze late 19th century clashes with Native Americans.
- Describe the United States' involvement in the Vietnam War.
- Debating slavery through the memory of Mexico and Central America.
- Sources of Structural Change in the United States, 1963-78: An Input-Output Perspective
- Explain industrialization Effects on American Social Movements
- What caused the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic, how was it controlled, and how did it affect the United States?
- Analyze the Interwar Years (1919-1938)
Back to top
Eras of World History Research Paper Topics
There are many different types of history that have shaped the world as we know it today. This list has some excellent suggestions for students who need help finding a topic for their research paper. Here’s everything from the ancient 1500 era to the 1900 era with all sorts between. There's surely something here for every type of taste or preference.
History Research Paper Topics Before 1500
Do you want to know about the first civilizations in history? The pre-modern era has a lot of good history research topics; here are some.
- Ancient Rome's great leaders.
- Egypt's ancient kingdom.
- What is the history of Christianity?
- Globalization and the Mongols
- The origins of the Franks.
- Slavery was abolished in the United States.
- Global transformation is taking place.
- Student uprisings in 1968
- Artists from the Netherlands and Flanders in Rome, 1500–1600.
- Postmodernism's history.
History Research Paper Topics Before 1877
In the vast research area of history, we’ve compiled some interesting topics before 1877. Let’s take a look.
- What changes do women face in 1920?
- What changes did women experience in the 1920s?
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is being discussed.
- What roles did women play in the military during WWII?
- The justifications for the Iraq invasion following 9/11.
- The 1963 assassination of John F. Kennedy and its aftermath.
- The first twenty days of Spain's civil war.
- What happened after oil was discovered in Persia in 1908?
- Describe the oil crisis of 1973.
- What military roles did women play during WWII?
- Analyze Irish immigration in the 1940s.
History Research Paper Topics 1900s
One of the most difficult parts of writing a history paper is finding an interesting topic. The below-mentioned topics of the 1900s have been proven successful by research papers. Have a look.
- What was women's role in the 1900s?
- Define Panama's construction.
- Describe the Brownie camera from Kodak.
- Analyze the monarchy and world politics when Queen Victoria died.
- Describe the period when the first electric washing machine was invented.
- Women in the past vs. women today
- Describe the identity of women in 1900.
- Describe the history of the guitar.
- Describe fast food in the early 1900s.
- When immigrants were coming to America. Describe.
Back to top
Art History Research Paper Topics
The history of art is a fascinating topic and one that can be researched in many ways. However, with so many different styles, schools, and movements globally, it can be difficult to choose where to start. If you find yourself stumped on which one will suit your needs best, just take a look at this list:
- Is the feminist movement important in modern art?
- Examine the 16th-century Petrarchan madrigals.
- Artist portraits in Western European engravings from the 16th through the 18th centuries. Describe.
- Describe the Expressionists and their influence on modern art.
- Describe the relationship between 19th-century French cartoons and Goya's works.
- Discuss the birth and evolution of Cubism in the early twentieth century.
- Describe the origins of Greek theater.
- What factors led to Paris's status as a cultural hub in the twentieth century?
- Renaissance painters altered the course of art history. How?
- Lyze the history of printmaking across the world, as well as the techniques utilized.
Back to top
African American History Research Paper Topics
African American studies is an expansive research area with a practically infinite number of topics to choose from. When choosing the topic from this list, make sure you select one that stands out and follows your interest. Below are some interesting history research paper ideas:
- Analyze environmental racism.
- Describe the black power movement.
- Correlation between race and freedom of speech.
- Define the genre of black popular music.
- Explain minorities in a majority culture.
- Describe the origins of the race.
- Explain the Religion in Black America.
- Define race and ethnicity.
- Define Social justice.
- A debate on racial preference.
Back to top
History Research Paper Topics Philippines
Here is a list of topics for those who need to write about the Philippines.
- Analyze the history of the Philippines as a colonial resistance movement.
- The United States colonized the Philippines. Elaborate.
- Describe the origins of the name Philippines.
- Describe the death of Ferdinand Magellan.
- Describe the trading with the Chinese.
- Buying from the Chinese.
- Describe Christian-Muslim relations in the Philippines.
- History of the Philippines from different perspectives.
- Describe the ramifications of Magellan's assassination.
- Define the basics of the barrio governance system.
Back to top
European History Research Paper Topics
Europe is a diverse continent that has been shaped by many different cultures, religions, and histories. It can be difficult to find the perfect research paper topic for European history. There are so many interesting topics with unique backgrounds from all over Europe. Here are some suggestions on what you might want to look into:
- The role of women in the Renaissance.
- Describe Medieval European history.
- How did the feudal system operate?
- Define the relationship between Imperialism and colonialism.
- Define the establishment of the European Union.
- What factors contributed to the emergence of European liberalism?
- In Europe during the 17th and 18th centuries, there was a convergence of arts and sciences. Explain.
- Gender bias in England of the 17th century.
- What was living like in the Asian Soviet republics?
- Describe The emergence of the Byzantine Empire.
Back to top
Texas History Research Paper Topics
If you need to write about Texas history, these are some of the topics that will come in handy.
- Define Texas during the Civil War.
- The 1918 flu pandemic remains the worst in modern history. How?
- Discuss the Texas revolution.
- Describe the Pre-European period in Texas history.
- Texas's participation in the United States-Mexico War of 1846.
- Examine the history of the fight for racial and gender equality in Texas.
- Discuss the Alamo's history.
- An examination and discussion of the Texas Constitution.
- Explain the death penalty in Texas.
- Describe Texas's six flags.
Back to top
Indian History Research Paper Topics
Take a look at the below-mentioned Indian history topics to see if one of them sparks your interest.
- Describe the Indian Independence Movement.
- A historical study of women in India.
- The Definition of a Modern Woman in India.
- A comparative study of the civilizations that shaped the Indian Nation.
- Define the relationship between Indian religion and music.
- An in-depth examination of the many engine dynasties throughout history.
- An examination of the most prominent figures in Indian history.
- Define the effects of the 1857 rebellion on modern India.
- What is the difference between men and women in India based on cultural factors?
- An extensive examination of the caste system: How did it emerge?
Back to top
Music History Research Paper Topics
- Jazz history: Popular American music from 1933 to 1945
- A history of pop music in England in the 20th century.
- Melody's growth between two world wars.
- Explain how postmodern songwriting differs from traditional songwriting.
- A case study of Mozart's compositions in historical performance. Discuss different current concerns and make predictions about probable future events.
- Analyze the origins of classical composing.
- Discuss the Civil War era musicians.
- Describe the music in ancient times.
- Discuss the history of early music and the evolution of musical instruments.
- Explain how archaeological and written sources help scholars learn about the musical traditions of lost civilizations.
Back to top
Women’s History Research Paper Topics
- Explain the Sentiments Declaration.
- Women erased from history: who were they, and what did they do?
- Discuss the role of African-American women in the suffrage movement.
- Discuss the position of women in non-traditional roles.
- Describe the Feminist Waves.
- Define Zora Neale Hurston's Legacy.
- Audrey Hepburn is regarded as a fashion icon for women. How?
- Why did the United States Senate reject a proposed federal women's suffrage amendment in 1887?
- When were women granted the right to vote?
- Iconic Market Women: The Unsung Heroines of Post-Colonial Ghana (1960s-1990s)
Back to top
History Research Paper Topics World War 2
- Define Cobra operation.
- African-American Civil Rights and WWII
- Describe the war's influence on regular people.
- Analyze the North African campaign.
- Explain the economic cause of WWII.
- Hong Kong during World War II: A Transnational Battlefield
- Describe WWII in the Islamic world.
- During the Second World War, describe the culture shift.
- Female personalities' contributions to World War II
- Define the role of black women in the military during WWII.
Back to top
Tips for Choosing a Good History Research Paper Topics
The best way to tell if you have a good piece of work is by making sure that it impacts the audience. If they feel motivated, interested, and excited about what they are reading or listening to, then your job as a writer will be done with success!
- Brainstorming is an important part of the process when coming up with a research topic for your paper. For starters, you should look through at least 20 different topics and take some time to rest before looking back over them again to see what inspires you most. Likewise, if you don't have anything in our database that suits your needs or interests perfectly, feel free to send us any ideas or questions at our ‘write my essay’ service, and we'll do our best.
Before you start writing, it is crucial to research the topic thoroughly. Your sources must be accurate and reliable, so be sure to double-check them by looking for other articles on the same subject.
Preparing multiple thesis statements in advance is a great way to make the heart of any paper. Different variations will be easier and adjusted as needed later when you have body paragraphs ready to make sense.
- To get good grades, you need to make sure your citations are reliable and accurate. If a college professor requires it, then do some research on the formatting style they want before inputting anything into the paper.
- The benefits of outline-based essays are that they allow for logical organization and structure. In most cases, it includes an introduction, a thesis statement, three to five body paragraphs, with one paragraph being a counterargument or opposing opinion. The conclusion is usually at the end, along with concluding thoughts on points that have been made.
It's time to get started on your history research paper, but if you're struggling with choosing topics or writing. Then you need a professional writer who can help guide and assist in the writing phase to come out with an A+ quality paper.
Paper writing service WriteMyEssay.help is here to offer just what you are looking for. We have writers ready at all times of day or night.
We know how important it is not to be left without expert assistance when trying to complete this project. Whether it is thesis writing, essay writing, research paper writing, or anything else related. Our writers will give them priority treatment before they go anywhere else!
So place your order now and enjoy our quality papers at affordable rates.